SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is used to communicate with a database. According to ANSI (American National Standards Institute), it is the standard language for relational database management systems so you can say that SQL is the main language that allows our database servers to store and edit the data on it .
SQL provides many features, following are some main features of SQL.
- It has a capability to handle multiple databases .
- It allows us to create a tables, functions, triggers, cursors, views and stored procedures and so on .
- It is very easy to provide permissions on tables, procedures, and views in SQL.
- It provides a configuration set up for SQL database mail Alert.
- You can set an auto schedule jobs to execute any scripts, tasks automatically in SQL.
- You can perform query optimizations and trace query performance.
- It provides so many in-built functions that is more easy to use.
- It supports a wide variety of transaction processing, business intelligence and analytics applications in corporate IT environments.
- It has a capability to run python and ML code.
Getting Started Here
SQL Server Reporting Services