SSRS Shared Dataset is a dataset which is created by using Shared Data Source and deployed to Report Server. Shared Dataset can be used by multiple reports.
Following are the Steps to create a shared dataset in SSRS-
First ,Right click on the Shared Datasets folder under the solution explorer.
Next, select the Add New Dataset from the context menu
Once we click on Add New Dataset , a Shared Dataset properties pop up window opens.
Then in a Query tab , we see a various options as given below
- Name: Specify a Data set name that you want to create, it should be a unique .
- Data Source: Select an existing data source from the drop down list box , If there is no data source in drop down list then you have to create a new data source first > click on the New button to create SSRS Shared Data Source.
- Query Type:
- Text: Choose this option if you want to write T-SQL query.
- Table: Choose the table that you want to use for this SSRS Shared Data set.
- Stored Procedure: specify the stored procedure that you want to use for report.
- Query : If you choose text : then you can provide a T- SQL query here , If you choose stored procedure then you have to select a stored procedure name from drop down list box.
- Query Designer: If you click on Query Designer button , it opens a Query Designer GUI. It allows you to write and validate query output. (see Img. ->Query Designer window )
- Import: If you have already a T-SQL script , you can import it directly from here.
Img- Query Designer window
Then Click on Fields tab , Here you can rename the columns , add or delete the columns.
In Option tab – Here you can customize the data set for collation , case sensitivity and other options.
Filter tab – You can Apply filter on rows based on given condition.
Parameter – You can specify the parameter for data set .
Finally click on OK Button to finish the final step , Now see in the solution explorer inside the Shared Datasets folder
a data set is created.
289 total views, 1 views today